Great news, I caved and bought a blender. Not just any blender, a Ninja. I am now your friend who makes smoothies.
Green ones. Green ones that taste like vegetables, and I drink it, not for the taste, but so that I can finally be the type of person who gets all the micronutrients in before noon.
My new, awesome blender reminds me of my poverty macro days, and the time when I'd come up with the most desperate concoctions just to hit my protein goal without going insane.
Luckily, I now thrive off of a lot more carbs. More macro money to spend over here! These once pathetic recipes are now full fledged desserts, just with a lot more protein. Here are my new and improved recipes for you to try:
Smoothie Bowl (Cal: 369 | 51g Protein | 39g Carbs | 1g Fat)
- 1.5 Scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein
- 140g of Frozen Mango
- 3/4 cup of 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- Handful of Spinach
- 1 celery stalk
- 50g of cucumber
- Splash of cashew milk (until reached desired thickness)
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more cashew milk (or water) to thin.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add ripe banana to add sweetness.
- Top with desired ingredients: fresh berries, coconut, sliced banana, granola, etc.
Nighttime Casein Pudding (Cal: 217 | 43g Protein | 10g Carbs |0g Fat)
- 1 Scoop of Casein Protein
- 3/4 Cup of 0% Greek Yogurt
- Combine ingredients and slowly stir until you reached your desired texture.
- If needed, slowly add water, a tablespoon at a time to reach the perfect, pudding-like consistency.
- Pop in the fridge for about 20 minutes to allow the pudding to set
- Top with granola, chocolate chips, or coconut
Protein Waffles (Cal: 394 | 30g Protein | 45g Carbs | 11g Fat)
- 1 Scoop of protein (any flavor)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- Splash of cashew milk
- Combine the protein powder and baking soda in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the egg and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until it has batter-like consistency
- (optional) Blend in banana for added thickness or flavor
- Grease waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes
- Top with MySyrup
What are some of your favorite high protein snacks to satisfy your sweet tooth? Let me know in the comments below!